Updated 22 October 2021. Subject to further changes.
This page provides the requirements and guidelines for the Fairfield Bowling Club to operate for members and guests during the staged restrictions and staged return applicable for the safety and wellbeing of its members and guests.
At this time
The Club is pleased to offer the use of the green, clubhouse and bar to members and guests.
All persons attending the property are required to sign-in to the onsite contact tracing system operated by Service Victoria.
All persons attending the property are to apply sanitiser to their hands on arrival
All persons attending the property are to comply with any direction provided by an appointed COVID Marshall and any foot traffic directions as applied at that time.
Masks must be worn on the premises in accordance with DHHS requirements.
Persons may utilise the green for team training sessions, small-group practice or coaching. Competitive bowls matches, including social bowls, barefoot bowls etc, is not permitted.
Persons utilising the green will:
- Be restricted to fully-vaccinated persons only
- Be restricted to a maximum of 50 persons at a time
- Be required to maintain distances of 1.5m from others
- Be required to wear a mask, but which may be lowered during the act of bowling
- Refrain from handling each other’s equipment and will refrain from the use of the scoreboards or any umpiring equipment
- Refrain from making use of the use of other bowls equipment of the club unless these have been sanitised and their use is minimised
The Club is entitled to set time limits on the use of rinks in order to apply a fair-use for all.
The clubhouse and bar may be open at the discretion of the Club. The Club will apply a limitation as follows:
- No more than 50 persons outdoors
- No more than 20 persons indoors (in total). Only fully vaccinated persons may be seated indoors
- The toilet areas will not be restricted
In addition, the club will apply limits within indoor areas as follows:
- Kitchen – 4
- Bar – 2
- Locker Room – 8
- Toilets (ea) – 4
- Curtained off lounge area – 8
- Storage Rooms (ea) – 2
The cutlery, crockery and containers provided within the kitchen may be used, with appropriate hygiene, cleaning and sanitation processes in place.
This policy will be updated as appropriate for other stages of return and/or the change to allow competitive matches.
This policy was created 29 March 2020. This policy has been updated 24 October, 28 October, 13 November, 28 November, 4 December, 8 December, 5 March 2021, 4 August, 22 October